If you read my fun facts about me blog a few weeks back you will already know I like singing very much ! I personally like to use the smule (sing) application (app) . If you’ve never heard of it, it’s basically like in your pocket karaoke. It is available in the istore and google play store both on android and iphone . Inside the app you can sing with others or sing solos, like I usually prefer to do. Time after time while waiting for the music to load up there are fun facts about singing on the screen every few seconds ! I found this pretty cool so why not do research to find more facts/health benefits, I thought ? After doing the research I found health benefits and facts I never even knew about! I decided to combine the list of facts and health benefits because I figured it would be more interesting that way ! Enjoy & thanks for reading ! Be blessed !!!
Below your will find a list of 7 interesting health benefits & 3 fun facts about singing :
1. Singing is a workout. (Your lungs will get a workout as you employ proper singing techniques and vocal projections.)
2. Singing lowers stress levels. (Making music in any form is relaxing. Singing releases stored muscle tension and decreases the levels of a stress hormone called cortisol in your blood stream.)
3. Singing challenges concentration and attention, especially when techniques such as singing from memory, combining rhythm with action, and mental substitution are used.
4. Singing might be good for your heart. (Singing demands some pretty specific patterns in your breathing. You take bigger, slower breaths, and in the process, your heart rate typically begins to slow.)
5. Singing releases endorphins and oxytocin. (Endorphins are hormones that increase feelings of euphoria and pleasure. Oxytocin levels increase usually when we hug or kiss a loved one. Both these hormones have the power to makes one feel better overall.)
6. It is said that singing may tone up your facial muscles, your diaphragm, and your intercostal muscles.
7. Singing improves memory. ( Singing requires memorizing and can help to challenge your brain and keep it active as you age.)
8. It is said that when we sing sound comes out of our mouths at about 75mph.
9. More than 100 muscles work together when you sing or speak a single phrase.
10. Singing daily for at least ten minutes is not only said to reduce stress, but it clears sinuses, improves posture and can even help you live longer. (Make this number 8 for health benefits )
For me learning is fun! I had an interesting time researching and putting this list of some fun facts and health benefits of singing together. I am so glad I got to share this with you ! Be sure to check out my cover of the song Touch The Sky by Hillsong United below . I messed up, but oh well I enjoyed singing it ! 🎶🎼🎤🎹🎧 Thanks so much for reading ! Be Blessed !!!
The only thing better than singing is more singing.
~ Ella Fitzgerald
 : Singing On Prescription